Children with Special Health Care Needs
This CSHCN (Children with Special Health Care Needs) program is an informational, referral and advocacy program for children from birth to 21 years of age who have, or are suspected as having, a serious or chronic physical, developmental, behavioral, and / or emotional condition, and who require health or related services of a type or amount beyond that typically required of children.
This program provides case management services for families to:
- Advocate with health care providers.
- Obtain information on programs available.
- Advocate with school districts for related or special services.
- Make referrals for special health care or related services.
- Obtain family support services.