Early Intervention / Child Find Program
- Provides evaluations to Cattaraugus County children, birth to three years old who's parents have concerns with their child's developmental achievements.
- Areas of development assessments are:
- Physical (including vision & hearing)
- Adaptive Development
- Communication (Speech)
- If child meets eligibility, services can be received through the Early Intervention Program.
- Services received under the Early Intervention Program are at no out of pocket costs to family. Insurance and Medicaid are utilized. Payments for early intervention services will not be applied to the annual and lifetime caps in your insurance policy if your insurance company is regulated by New York State.
Child Find is a part of the Early Intervention program. Child Find's goals are to ensure that all children in Cattaraugus County have a primary care physician and insurance coverage such as Child Health Plus. Families are encouraged to have a developmental screen at their child's physician visits. Parents may also contact the Early Intervention/Child Find Program with developmental concerns. The Child Find program identifies children birth to three who are at risk for a developmental delay. The program disseminates information to physicians, families and the community explaining the Early Intervention Program and other community resources that are available. Appropriate referrals are made with parent consent.