Act 269-85 notes that “County Administrator…. should coordinate the daily operations of the County…be directly responsible to the Legislature and perform the functions of a chief administrative officer on behalf of the Legislature, with the Legislature retaining final administrative authority”
Provides or assures the provision of needed services to county residents who are age 60 or older.
is responsible for the maintenance of over 54,000 voter registration files. You should apply to register if you are not currently registered, have moved to a new address or have not voted in an election since 1995.
The Cattaraugus County Clerk's Office can locate deed information or other records that are filed with the government.
The first responsibility is the planning of services for all three disabilities:
- Mental Health
- Drug & Alcohol
- Mental Retardation & Developmental Disabilities
The second primary function of the department is directly providing a continuum of Mental Health Services to residents of the County.
The New York State trial courts for Cattaraugus County include Supreme Court, County Court, Family Court and Surrogate's Court.
The Legislature is the governing body of the County. It is the specific duty of the County Legislature to conduct the peoples' business as a vital unit of local government, assuming responsibility for planning, financing and operating municipal services County-wide.
Working to improve all the communities of Cattaraugus County through:
- Retention and expansion of employment
- Aiding municipal governments through planning assistance
- Encouraging private sector investment
- Fostering entrepreneurship, and
- Promoting the County as a Tourism Destination, place to locate a business and as a truly great place to reside and raise a family.
Whereby we ultimately build a healthy tax base that can support the services needed by our residents.
Cattaraugus County Office of Emergency Services' primary responsiblities include emergency planning and management (for events such as natural disasters, large public gatherings, and biological emergencies), fire service and EMS coordination, and training first responders.
- Childhood Development Services
- Early Intervention/Child Find Program
- Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
- Physically Handicapped Children's Program (PHCP)
- Environmental Health Services - Testing around your home
- Home Care Services
- Laboratory Services
- Preventive Services
- Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Tuberculosis Control (TB)
- Communicable Disease Control
- Health Education
- Reproductive Services(Family Planning, STD, HIV & AIDS, Breast & Cervical Cancer Screening)
- WIC Services
The Museum & Library are county owned and operated, specializing in the history of Cattaraugus County, NY
The Office provides staff to both the County Civil Service Commission and to the County of Cattaraugus as a Personnel and Labor Relations office.
The mission of Information Services is to provide strategic IT vision, leadership, and enterprise solutions to the staff so they can meet their goals, deliver results, and enhance Cattaraugus County’s position in local government standings.
Staffed by compassionate and dedicated professionals, both the Olean Campus and Machias Campus of The Pines are known for their expertise in delivering state-of-the-art Long-Term Care and Short-Term Rehabilitation services to the citizens of Cattaraugus County and neighboring communities.
One-Stop Career Center's goal is to provide constructive, convenient information to employers, businesses, workers and job seekers in Cattaraugus County.
Located on the 12,000 acre Allegheny Reservoir, the Marina is just north of the Allegheny National Forest and west of Allegany State Park.
Land-use/Zoning issues, Agricultural Districts & Farmland Protection, 100-year Flood Plain map information
The mission of the Cattaraugus County Probation Department is the creation and maintenance of safe and peaceful communities through the enforcement of criminal and juvenile justice sanctions, through the rehabilitation of offenders, through services to victims of crime, and through the provision of assistance to the courts.
Public Works was created in 1985 by the Cattaraugus County Legislature to consolidate the operations of the Highway, Refuse, and Buildings and Grounds divisions, the Fairgrounds and the Onoville Marina.
- Coordinate activities of assessors in the county with respect to the computer generation of assessment rolls, tax rolls and bills.
- Coordinate training of assessors and set up training programs mandated by the state and training programs provided at the county level.
- Maintain digital tax maps, locations and tax map numbers are assigned. Parcels are plotted to scale to aid assessors in locating and evaluating properties in their towns.
- Compute and extend town, county and special district, school and village tax rates for the tax rolls.
- All recorded deeds are read and new parcels are plotted on the digital tax maps.
- Record of transfers are forwarded to the assessors.
The Risk Management Department is involved in the continuous process of controlling potential loses to Cattaraugus County.
The mission of the law enforcement divisions of the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office is to provide for the peace and security of all residents of Cattaraugus County with particular emphasis on those areas where we are the primary law enforcement agency.
Cattaraugus County is committed to helping residents achieve the highest quality of life possible by providing services which sustain, protect and empower families and individuals. These services will be provided by a courteous, compassionate and competent staff dedicated to preserving the dignity of clients.
Advertising and Marketing for Cattaraugus County is handled by the Department of Economic Development, Planning & Tourism. The tourism website, EnchantedMountains.com, promotes events and invites visitors to learn more about all that the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County has to offer.