Downloadable Mobile GIS App
The Cattaraugus County office of Real Property and GIS have created a new downloadable mobile GIS app which is currently available to Android users. There are several steps needed to be taken in order to download this app and use it.
1. Navigate to the Mobile GIS splash page on your phone and click on the Android button. The file will begin to download. You can also access this page by scanning the following QR code:
2. Once the file has finished downloading, open the CattaraugusCountyGISMaps.apk file.
3. If you get an "Install Blocked" error, you will need to allow installs from unknown sources. If not, skip to step 5.
4. Click the button on "Unknown Sources" to allow the download. There may also be a screen to allow only this download, which if selected will allow this install but block future downloads.
5. Click install to install the viewer.
6. Once the app is installed, click open to open the app. The app can also be opened from the app list on your phone.
*Locations of buttons and layout of windows may differ depending on device.
Currently, the app is not available for iPhones/iPads. We plan to have this fixed as soon as possible!