Application & Information for a Health Department "Permit to Operate"

Many types of establishments, facilities and activities in Cattaraugus County require a permit issued by the Cattaraugus County Health Department.  The downloads below contain information and applications to get you started in obtaining a permit.

All permit fees are established by the Cattaraugus County Legislature.  The most recent revision of the Health Department fee schedule can be found here.  Please note that as of August 1, 2011, non-profit organizations are no longer exempt from permit fees.

Form "DOH-3915: Application for a Permit to Operate" is a standard application used for most permits.  These include:

  • Food Service Establishments/Operations
  • Mobile Home Parks
  • Temporary Residences (Hotels, Motels & Cabin Colonies) Campgrounds, Migrant Farmworker Housing & Children's Camps
  • Public Swimming/Bathing Facilities
  • Agricultural Fairgrounds & Mass Gatherings

To apply for a Temporary Food Service Establishment permit in Cattaraugus County, please use our custom form.

NYS Law requires that proof of workers compensation and disability insurance (or a certificate of exemption) must be submitted to this Department prior to the issuance of any "Permit to Operate."