Business Assistance and Incentives in Western New York
All of Cattaraugus County's Business and Economic Development Agencies stand ready to work collectively to create the best incentive and financing package for your particular business endeavor. The resulting customized package will maximize federal, state, and local incentives.
The County's traditional strengths such as vast natural resources, close proximity to major markets, and a documented highly productive workforce are now coupled with developing opportunities. Major projects and business incentives, listed in the following paragraphs, may be of interest to you.
U.S. Route 219 upgrade to a four-lane as a part of an International Trade Corridor. The study has been completed for the upgrade of Route 219 to a four lane highway from Erie County in the north to the Pennsylvania state line in the south. The County is undertaking corridor economic development and land use planning along the major north / south Routes of 219, 16 and 62 as well as the east / west Interstate, I-86. The County promotes appropriate development along these corridors and at interchanges along I-86.
We produces a series of classes on various small business topics, has the Cattaraugus County Microenterprise Development Loan Fund, and oversees the Small Business Library at the Cattaraugus County Center. We offer one-on-one consulting with small business start-ups or existing enterprises on any business related manner. Visit CCBizHelp.com
The Cattaraugus Empire Zone has the ability to designate Empire Zone status to any manufacturing development site in the County provided the manufacturer creates 50 new jobs. The Empire Zone has areas located in the cities of Salamanca and Olean, and the village of Franklinville.
The County of Cattaraugus Industrial Development Agency (CCIDA) develops large business and industrial opportunities and expansion in the municipalities of Cattaraugus County. The CCIDA offers:
- Financial Assistance, Business Incentives, Tax Exemptions, Bonds
- Improved Utilization & Development of Local Infrastructure
- Creation of Investment, Employment & Wealth in the Community
The Cattaraugus County Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is a regional government marketing and technical assistance program for businesses in Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua and Wyoming counties. The PTAC offers one-on-one consulting and assistance with a wide variety of government and military contracting topics. The PTAC also serves as an information source for special contracting programs dealing with "Defense Diversification".
Southern Tier West Regional Planning & Development Board (STW) serves Allegany, Cattaraugus, and Chautauqua counties. STW program areas include:
- Economic Development (e.g. Administrator and Grants Writer for Southern Tier Extension Rail Authority, Lead Agency for West Valley Nuclear Facility Re-Development Study)
- Clearinghouse for all development related grants for region
- Local Representative for ARC and EDA funded projects in region
- Editor/Publisher of Regional Development Strategy (RDS)
- Environment & Natural Resources (e.g. Water Quality & Environmental Compliance Assistance for Local Governments)
- Information Services - Technical Support & Certified Training for local governments (e.g. Community GIS, GPS, Website Server for localities)
- Local Government Training and Technical Assistance (e.g. Houghton Local Government Training Conference)
- Transportation (e.g. I86 Interstate Advocacy)
- Financing (e.g. Revolving Loan Funds)
The 2005 Labor Assessment executive summary and commute maps (in the Towns of Allegany and Ashford) are available for your perusal online or download. If you would like the full report contact our office.
The New York State Guide to Technical and Financial Assistance for Economic & Business Development Leaders gives descriptions of economic development organizations and their respective programs that compliment traditional lenders to help companies establish, relocate, expand or modernize their operations. Cattaraugus County also has a Local Financing Guide describing the City, Village, Town and County loan programs available to businesses.