Cattaraugus County Public Health: Prevent, Promote, Protect

Director: Dr. Kevin Watkins

P: 1-800-251-2584

Contact info.

Mobile Home Parks

Mobile home parks in Cattaraugus County require inspection and a “Permit to Operate” issued by the Health Department.  This applies to parks maintained for the placement of five or more mobile homes and where the owner/operator receives compensation for the use of the mobile home lots.  Each park is inspected annually for compliance with the “NYS Sanitary Code – Part 17: Mobile Home Parks.”

Due to the number of residents served, mobile home park water systems are considered “Public Water Supplies” unless connected to a municipal water system.  Most park sewage disposal systems will also require a State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) Permit for their wastewater discharges, as required by NYS Department of Environmental Conservation regulations.

If you intend to operate a mobile home park in Cattaraugus County, please contact the Environmental Health Division.  Review and approval of engineering plans for the park is required before construction to ensure that the proposal will meet all Sanitary Code requirements.

Forms & Links

Applications & Information for a Health Department "Permit to Operate"

NYS Sanitary Code – Part 17: Mobile Home Parks

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation – State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES)

Environmental Health Services Fees

Categorized under:

Slide for
Slide for Catt. County WIC Bright
Slide for
Slide for  family at restaurant
Slide for
Slide for Get Your Water Tested for LEAD!

Cattaraugus County Health Department Public Health for Healthy Communities

For more information about the Cattaraugus County Health Department services, please call us in Olean Toll-Free 1-800-251-2584

Hours: 8:30AM to 4:30PM Monday-Friday except on holidays at all locations

View more specific contact information.

Eating Right will make your Future Bright

Sell to the Government

Ready: Prepare. Plan. Stay Informed.

Need advice or a loan for a business?

See the Mammoth Exhibit
view counter