Rural Landowner Workshop
On Saturday, March 3, 2012 Cornell University Cooperative Extension will be sponsoring the 20th Annual Rural Landowner Workshop. The program will begin at 9:00 AM and end at 3:00 PM. There will be three concurrent sessions with approximately four classes per session and you must choose one class per session.
The Rural Landowner Workshop is a regional program involving several agencies that provide educational information and outreach to landowners.
Presenters are brought in from both private and public sectors to provide participants with up-to-date information. Some of this year’s topic highlights are:
- Wild Apple Trees for Wildlife
- Oil & Gas Landowner Coalitions in the Utica and Marcellus shale formation Areas
- The Woods in your Backyard
- Small-scale Woodlot Logging and Management
- Protecting your Timber and Wildlife Resources During Natural Gas Operations
- Bats of New York
- Best Management Practices for Timber Production
- Safety in the Woodlots
and many more.
The program will be held at Pioneer Central School located on County Line Road in Yorkshire, NY. There is a cost for this program and pre-registration is required. The deadline for registration is Friday, February 17th. For more information or to register contact Cornell University Cooperative Extension at 585-268-7644 ext. 18.