Gardening Day Workshops
The focus is on growing your own vegetables at Cornell University Cooperative Extension’s Gardening Day hosted by Cattaraugus/Allegany County Master Gardeners on May 12, 2012. Time: 8:30 am to 1:10 pm; Place: Cornell Cooperative Extension Building, 28 Parkside Drive, Ellicottville, NY 14731. The program is FREE; we only ask that you pre-register at 716-534-5477 or 716-860-3936. Donations are gratefully accepted.
Master Gardeners will give presentations using demonstration gardens and hands-on activities for beginner and intermediate vegetable gardeners.
All attendees will participate in 3 one-hour presentations:
- ‘Groundwork – the basics of soil’
- ‘Garden Layout – demonstration gardens’
- ‘What and How to Plant – planning seed and plant purchases’.
- Each attendee may also choose to attend one of five different mini-workshops from 12:40 - 1:10.
Mini Workshops are:
- Build a Rain Barrel
- Vermi-composting (worm composting)
- Get Children Gardening
- Start Composting
- Construct Vertical Gardening Supports.
A coffee break with snacks will be provided. There will be door prizes and sponsor giveaways as well.
Hope to see you on May 12, 2012.
The program is FREE; we only ask that you pre-register at 716-534-5477 or 716-860-3936
Cornell Cooperative Extension in Allegany and Cattaraugus Counties provides equal program and employment opportunities.
Please contact the Cornell Cooperative Extension in Allegany and Cattaraugus Counties if you have any special needs.