Can I change the name on my property?

The Treasurer's Office can make address corrections on delinquent tax records, and request the assessor to update address changes on the upcoming tax roll. However the owner name is established on the tax roll by the deed that was filed in the County Clerk’s Office. A change in owner’s name requires filing a document in the County Clerk’s Office or in Surrogate Court. The Assessor is the one that will then make the change on the tax roll.