The Cattaraugus County Office of Emergency Services, in conjunction with New York State (NYS) Office of Fire Prevention and Control, offers several fire service training programs each year. These classes are taught by NYS-certified "State Fire Instructors" (SFIs) and are offered at fire departments throughout the county.
Some of the classes typically offered in Cattaraugus County on an annual basis include:
- Basic Exterior Firefighting Operations (BEFO)
- Replacement of Scene Support Operations
- Prerequisite for continuing on to IFO
- Interior Firefighting Operations (IFO)
- Replacement of Firefighter 1
- Can be taken only after completing BEFO
- Pump Operator
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
Other classes offered in Cattaraugus County regularly but less than annually:
- Firefighter Survival
- Electric Vehicle Safety
- Aerial Devices
- Fire Officer 1
- Hazardous Materials 1st Responder Awareness and Operations
- Rescue Technician - Basic
- NYS DEC Wildland Search and Rescue
- NYS DEC Basic Wildland Fire Suppression
If you have difficulty registering online, please call the Emergency Services Office at (716) 938-2213.
Want to request a fire training course? Have your Fire Chief contact the Deputy Fire Coordinator for your respective county fire district. All training requests are made in that manner. Then, trainings are scheduled, based on requests, at the convenience of our local State Fire Instructors.
Want to request your NYS fire training record? Download and complete this form: CCOES Individual Fire Training Record Request Form
Are you a Fire Chief in Cattaraugus County that would like to request NYS fire training records for your members? Download, complete, and get signatures of your mebers on this form: CCOES Multiple Fire Training Records Requests Form
For more information about Fire Training in New York, please visit the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control's website at: