- The purpose of the Moms program is to promote a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby to Medicaid eligible pregnant women.
- A Registered Nurse provides coordinated case management in conjunction with the physician and other community agencies.
- Participants receive assistance with Medicaid application and if meet criteria receive immediate coverage..
- Nurse provides home visits each trimester to asses status, teach about pregnancy & how to prepare for the babys arrival
- The nurse visits after the baby is born to teach about baby care, importance of medical follow-up & refer to community agencies as needed.