Certified Nurse Assistant - Part Time
Civil Service Job: Yes
$12.63 per hour
Information on the Certified Nurse Assistant - Part Time position
Applications are accepted at the Pines Health Care & Rehabilitation Centers, Pines Olean and Pines Machias Campus for part-time and per diem positions.
The work involves assisting in the care of residents and their quarters in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Residential Health Care facility where employed.
Typical Work Activities:
- Answers signal lights and bells to determine patients' needs;
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses patients;
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help;
- Transports patients to treatment units, using wheelchair or wheeled carriage or assists them to walk;
- Changes and distributes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone;
- Takes and records temperature, pulse and respiration rates, and food and liquid intake and output, as directed;
- Must, on occasion, work overtime to assure adequate care of residents;
- May clean, sterilize, and assemble into packs, supplies and instruments and maintain cleanliness and order of rooms.
Full Performance Knowledges, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics:
Working knowledge of psychological, physical, and personal care needs of residents; continuing demonstrated skill in caring for residents; ability to get along well with others and deal with residents in supportive and appropriate ways; ability to read English in order to interpret resident care plans and other written material related to resident care and facility procedures; ability to carry out instructions; willingness to work reasonable amounts of overtime; tact; courtesy; physical and mental condition sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
A.) Possession of a current certification as being included in the New York State
Residential Health Care Facility Nurse Aide Registry;
B.) Successful completion of a New York State approved residential health care facility nurse aide program and have passed the New York State authorized clinical skills competency examination and written or oral competency examination and be awaiting notification of entry in the New York State Residential Health Care Facility Nurse Aide Registry by the receipt of a certification document.
Complete Job Description & Qualifications
Download the following file for the complete job description and qualifications for the Certified Nurse Assistant - Part Time position.
Cattaraugus County an Equal Opportunity Employer