Electricians Recruit Apprentices
Civil Service Job: No
Information on the Electricians Recruit Apprentices position
- Must be at least 17 years old (18 at the time of indenture).
- Must have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D). Must have a passing grade in high school algebra or a post high school algebra class.
- Must be physically able to do the work as determined by physical exam, including a drug test, at the committee's expense, if accepted into the program.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles and towers of various heights.
- Must be able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes and crawlspaces.
- Must be able to read, hear and understand instructions and warnings.
- Must have a driver's license and will be required to operate company vehicles.
- Must be able and willing to get to and from various job sites and attend all related classroom instruction.
- Must have lived within the local's geographic jurisdiction for at least one year – all of Chautauqua County; parts of Allegheny County (including townships of Alma, *Amity, *Angelica, *Belfast, Bolivar, *Caneadea, Centerville, Clarksville, Cuba, Friendship, Genesee, New Hudson, Rushford, *Scio, Wirt) - * that portion west of the Genesee River; and parts of Cattaraugus County (including townships of Allegheny, Carrolton, Cold Spring, Conewango, Dayton, Elko, Great Valley, Hinsdale, Humphrey, Ischua, Leon, Little Valley, Napoli, Olean, Portville, Red House, Randolph, Salamanca, South Valley).
- Must obtain a score of "5" or higher on the Electrical Apprentice Selection Battery Test.
- Must submit their DD-214 for veterans who wish to receive credit for military training and experience, after acceptance into the program