Licensed Practical Nurse - Part Time
Civil Service Job: Yes
$16.95 per hour (part-time / pending positions) - 2012 rate
Information on the Licensed Practical Nurse - Part Time position
Applications are accepted at the Pines Health Care & Rehabilitation Centers, Pines Olean and Pines Machias Campus for part-time and per diem positions.
FINAL FILING DATE:
No examination required for Certified Nurse Aid.
The work involves the routine care of patients in accordance with detailed and well defined rules and regulations. In addition, a Licensed Practical Nurse assists a Registered Professional Nurse in the carrying out of orders prescribed by a physician
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Bathes patients and gives personal hygienic care;
- Makes beds and performs other tasks designed to provide suitable environmental for patients;
- Cares for equipment used in care of patients as directed; Assists in the admission and discharge of patients;
- Takes the temperature, notes the rate of pulse and respiration and observes and records other signs and symptoms as directed;
- Collects specimens and assists in carrying out diagnostic procedures under supervision;
- Caries out uncomplicated therapeutic treatments such as giving enemas, preparing and applying simple dressings and administering certain medications upon specific instructions of the physician or a Registered Professional Nurse
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES. SKILLS. AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of nursing techniques and their relation to medical and surgical practices; working knowledge of hospital sanitation and hygiene; ability to apply therapeutic treatments as prescribed; ability to understand and carry out exactly detailed oral and written instructions; ability to keep records and make reports; ability to get along will with patients and others; good moral character; excellent physical and mental health.
Possession of a permit or a license to practice as Practical Nurse by the New York State Department of Education.
Complete Job Description & Qualifications
Download the following file for the complete job description and qualifications for the Licensed Practical Nurse - Part Time position.
Cattaraugus County an Equal Opportunity Employer