County to host Snowmobile Trail Grant Workshop
Little Valley - The Cattaraugus County Department of Economic Development, Planning and Tourism is sponsoring a New York State Snowmobile Trail Grant Workshop on Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 10:00 am at the Ischua Valley Country Club located on Route 16 in Franklinville, NY. The focus of this program will be to give local government sponsors and key snowmobile personnel a better understanding of the New York State Snowmobile Trail Grant and guide them in the preparation for the 2007/2008 grant year. Representatives from NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation will be conducting the main portion of the workshop.
The program will be divided into two sessions. The morning session will run from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and is intended for local government sponsors and federation trail coordinators. The agenda will be as follows:
- 10:00 am - Registration
- 10:15 am - Welcome and Introductions
- 10:20 am - Overview of Cattaraugus County's Participation in the Snowmobile Trail Program
- 10:45 am - Law Enforcement Perspective
- 11:00 am - Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- 12:00 noon - Buffet Lunch
- 1:00 pm - Q&A The second session will run from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and will be geared toward club trail coordinators, club presidents and club members.
- 2:00 pm - Review of Snowmobile Trail Grant Application - OPRHP
- 3:00 pm - Q&A
- 4:00 pm - Adjournment
Anyone interested in attending the second portion of this workshop needs to register with Margaret Puszcz, Cattaraugus County, at (716) 938-9111 ext. 2312 or email MEPuszcz [at] cattco [dot] org. Deadline for registration is March 26, 2007.