Flood Cleanup Update
FOR VOUNTEER’S - ASBESTOS UPDATE
IF YOU SUSPECT
- Any Asbestos damaged by mud or flood related - DO NOT TOUCH!
- Notify Homeowner
- Information on contractors & clean up available at Mayor’s Office
WATER BOILING ADVISORY HAS BEEN LIFTED FOR THE VILLAGE OF GOWANDA
FAMILY ASSISTANCE CENTER
FAMILY ASSISTANCE CENTER is still operational until Friday, August 28 at 5 pm
- TLC Urgent Care
- Red Cross for Bedding, food, clothing, and storage
- Community Action for information on hot water tanks, water heaters, and appliances
- Dept. of Social Services for food, housing, and food stamps
- Dept. of Mental Health
- Cattaraugus County Health Department
- Office of the Aging for persons 60 and older (for information on hot water tanks, furnaces, and boilers)
- Masks and Mask fittings.
FOOD VOUCHERS Available at the Gowanda Elementary School, Aldrich Street, Gowanda August 19-21st
Please bring proof of ID and proof of residence
- Rt 39 Open to one lane
- Rt 62 is NOW OPEN
- West Valley – Closed: Gulf Road, Fox Valley Road, and Neff Road
- East Otto – Closed: Traffic Road, Monk Hill Road and Snake Run Road
- Humphrey- Closed: Pumpkin Hollow Road,
- Town of Perrysburg – Closed: Mackinaw Road and Pudding Lane
- Otto - Upper end of N. Otto Road, the Buttermilk Falls Bridge Closed
- South Valley - Closed: Wheeler Road
For donation drop off in Hinsdale, NY please go to the American Legion on Rt 16 from 2:30 pm to 8 pm daily. Contact person:Suzi VanDeCAr at 557-2010. Recommended donations: Money, bleach, disinfecting wipes, antibacterial soap, mops, buckets, sponges, baby formula, baby wipes, diapers, and pet food.
GOWANDA - TRASH AND LIMBS – pick up will continue until August 28th, curbside.
GOWANDA - MUD – from back yards needs to STOP IMMEDIATELY being dumped on the curbside.
Residents with compostable material may take to Farwell Transfer Station or the 5 Points transfer station.
Cattaraugus County Transfer Stations:
Will be taking non-hazardous “Storm Damaged Materials” free of charge from 8/21/09 until 9/4/09. There is a 3-cubic yard limit once per day per customer. A standard pick up is equivalent to 3-cubic yards and cannot exceed6 inches above the original box side of the truck bed. Storm damaged materials will be received during the normal operating hours of each transfer station. For further information please contact Jeff Contino at 938-2441 or Linda McAndrew at 938-2486.
Hours of Operation:
- Five Points – Thursday 9 am – 5 pm; Friday and Saturday 8 am-4pm
- Salamanca – Monday thru Friday 7:30 am-5:30; Saturday 7:30am-4pm
- Dayton – Tuesday 9 am -5 pm; Saturday 8 am – 4 pm
- Allegany – Tuesday thru Friday 8 am-5 pm; Saturday 8 am -4 pm
- Portville – Tuesday thru Friday 8 am-5 pm; Saturday 8 am -4 pm
- Machias – Tuesday and Wednesday 9:30 am - 5:30 pm; Saturday 8am – 4 pm
- Conewango-Wednesday 9 am-5 pm; Saturday 8 am-4 pm
- Onoville – Saturday 8am - noon
Household Hazardous Waste
Volunteer Assistance Available
Contact: Tri-County Recovery Coordination Center 716-254-1783
Located at the Gowanda Volunteer Fire Department, 230 Aldrich St, Gowanda or email TriCountyRCC [at] gmail [dot] com
Hours of Operation: 8AM – 5PM
Tri-County residents affected by the recent disaster can stop by and fill out a needs assessment, seek volunteer assistance and get relief information.
The Coordination Center is working with volunteers, churches and relief organizations to connect resources to those in need of assistance.
Please stop by for information and to let us know what your needs are so we can try to point you in the right direction.
For more information contact: in Gowanda: Officer Jen Alessi, PIO, Gowanda Police Dept. at 532-3325 x 5012
For Cattaraugus County: Investigator Christa Heckathorn, PIO Cattaraugus County at 938-2571
For more information, on the flood please visit the Flood Assistance Information page