ABC news: Study Finds Possible Link Between Anesthesia and ADHD
A new study found an association between multiple procedures requiring anesthesia in young children and the development of ADHD later.
Click below to read the full story
Signs and Symptoms of ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- often fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes
- often has difficulty maintaining attention in tasks or play activities
- often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly
- often does not follow through with instructions
- often has difficulty organizing tasks and activities
- often avoids or dislikes tasks that require sustained mental effort (like school or homework)
- is often easily distracted and forgetful in daily activities
- often fidgets or leaves seat
- runs about or climbs excessively
- talks excessively or acts as if driven by a motor
- blurts out answers, interrupts or has difficulty waiting in line or waiting for turn
Do you have concerns or questions about your child or a child you know possibly having ADHD? For more information please call Meghan Monahan MSEd, MHC Early Intervention & Recognition Specialist at Community Services 716-701-3315. ADHD training on symptom identification and behavior management available- call and schedule today!