Summer Event Series Announced at Cattaraugus County Museum
We are pleased to announced that the "Summer at the Stone House" event series will be returning to the Cattaraugus County Museum for the 2015 summer, with an all new lineup of speakers and musical performances. As in the past, the programs will take place on the second and fourth Thursdays, June through August at 7:00pm and are free and open to the public. The schedule is:
- 6/11: Allen Hopkins- "Songs of the Railroad"
- 6/25: Bob Breton- "History of the Ontario Knife Company"
- 7/9: Jim Kimball- "Folk Music of Western New York"
- 7/23: Mason Winfield- "Cattaraugus County X-Files"
- 8/13: Jack Searles- "Postal History of Cattaraugus County"
- 8/27: James McAuley- "History of the Dairy Industry in Cattaraugus County"
All events will take place on the grounds of the Cattaraugus County Museum (the Stone House, 9824 Rt. 16 Machias) or next door at the Pines, depending on weather. More details on these events will be posted at the dates grow nearer. Feel free to contact us with any question at 716-353-8200 during museum hours, Tuesday through Friday, 9-4. We hope to see you here this summer!