Photo Contest for the 2016 Activities Guide Cover
The Cattaraugus County Department of Economic Development, Planning and Tourism invite local photographers to enter its 2016 Cattaraugus County Activities Guide Cover Photo Contest. This contest is open to ALL photographers, professional or amateur. Winner of this contest will have their photo on the cover of the 2016 Activities Guide. Over 100,000 copies of this guide are printed each year and distributed throughout New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Canada.
- All images must be taken in Cattaraugus County, the Enchanted Mountains of Western New York and location of photo must be provided.
- There is no limit to the amount of photos one can submit.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and any photos that have been digitally altered beyond normal adjustments will be disqualified.
- If you choose to include people in your submitted photos, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Please do not submit a photo taken by someone other than you. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the copyright holder.
- By entering this contest, photographers agree to grant Cattaraugus County the nonexclusive rights to distribute, publish, and use the photograph(s) in publications and on the Internet to promote the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County. Photo Credits will always be given.
- Entries must be in Digital Format, either jpeg or raw and hi res. Photo captions must accompany all submissions: subject of the image, location image was taken and name of photographer.
- Photos need not to have been taken in 2015
- All images must be submitted via email to Photos [at] EnchantedMountains [dot] com or
submit a photo online
- Submissions must be received by September 30, 2015
- Winner will be announced October 7, 2015
Types of Photographs
Types of images expected are those that depict the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County in the following categories:
- Parks: Allegany State Park, Griffis Sculpture Park, Rock City Park, Community Parks, etc.
- Community Events: Festivals, Markets, etc.
- Fishing and Wildlife: Wildlife (Live deer, bears, turkeys, birds, etc), fishing in Cattaraugus Creek, Ischua, Onoville Marina, etc.
- Water Sports: Kayaking, canoeing, jet skiing, boating, etc.
- Winter Activities: Skiing, sledding, snowboarding, snowmobiling, etc.
- Scenic: Spring, summer, Fall, winter
- Amish: Amish scenery, such as barns, fields, etc. will be accepted. Please NO frontal pictures of Amish men, women or children.
- Ag/Livestock: Cows, horses, alpacas, Fall harvest, Spring planting, etc.
- Local Sports: Olean Oilers, St. Bonaventure Bonnies, JCC Jaguars, Roller Derby, etc.
- Area High Schools: Student life, athletics, theater, etc.
- Healthy Living: Mountain Biking, Golf, Roller Blading, etc.
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact Deborah Miller at 716-938-2318 or deborahmiller [at] cattco [dot] org.
Please submit as many great photos as you'd like!