Health Department Well & Septic System Repair Grant
The Cattaraugus County Health Department and Rural Revitalization Corp. have partnered together to offer a well and septic system repair program. This Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program helps low-to-moderate income homeowners repair or replace failing septic systems, private water supplies, and public water services in Cattaraugus County.
There are eligibility requirements to be in the program:
- The home must be owned and occupied by the person applying for assistance.
- Only single-family homes are eligible.
- Property taxes, homeowner’s insurance, and mortgage payments must be current.
- Income guidelines apply. Income limits increase with the number of household members.
The household gross annual income limits for program eligibility are:
For an application, please call Rural Revitalization at 716-373-4100, or email kmagara [at] rrcorp [dot] orgEstimates from eligible contractors will be obtained before determining the amount of funding and its uses.
- The Cattaraugus County Health Dept. and Rural Revitalization will inspect each repair after completion.
- Homes under land contracts, rental property, or trailer parks are not eligible for this program.
- A 5-year mortgage note lien must be filed with the Cattaraugus County Clerk’s office.