Nancy Frazier Recipient of the 2006 Brooks Patterson Community Leadership Award
The Brooks Patterson Community Leadership Award is presented annually by the Cattaraugus County Planning Board to a community leader who exemplifies the outstanding spirit and example that Torrance Brooks and Donald Patterson set during their lifetime of dedicated service to their respective communities, County Legislature, County Planning Board, and regional agencies. The recipients of this annual award are chosen to give countywide recognition to leaders and volunteers who make lasting contributions to the people and communities of Cattaraugus County and its region. The theme for this award is “People Are Our Greatest Resource”. In this spirit, we present the Brooks Patterson Community Leadership Award for the Year 2006 to:
For Outstanding Leadership in Community Planning and Development of a Comprehensive Plan for the Town of Humphrey
Comprehensive Plan Development - As a member of the Town of Humphrey Planning Board from 2003 to 2004 and chairperson during 2005, Nancy developed and put together, with assistance from the members of the Town Planning Board and guidance from the Cattaraugus County Planning Board staff, a Comprehensive Plan for the Town of Humphrey. This Plan was approved by the County in the Fall of 2005 and adopted by the Town of Humphrey in January 2006. It is the first land use tool of any kind adopted by the Town of Humphrey.
Nancy states, “As a lifetime resident, I enjoy living in the beautiful countryside of Cattaraugus County, and I was happy to be able to put together a Comprehensive Plan for the Town of Humphrey that will preserve our wonderful rural area for my grandchildren.”
- Franklinville Central School - Nancy was the Business Office Manager for 27 years at the Franklinville Central School.
- Self Employed - Nancy was a “stay at home” Mom, Town Tax Collector and an Accountant for various small businesses for seven years.
- St. Bonaventure University - Nancy was an employee of St. Bonaventure University in the business office for six years.
- Community Volunteer - Nancy currently is serving as a Councilwoman for the Town of Humphrey. She also volunteers for community events such as the “Blueberry Day” festival and previously for ten years plus at the “Franklinville Maple Festival”.
- Education - Nancy is a graduate of Ellicottville Central School and successfully completed classes at Bryant and Stratton Business Institute and St. Bonaventure University.
- Family - Nancy is the proud mother and grandmother of a daughter who resides in Erie, PA, a son who resides in Humphrey, and four grandchildren.
- Retirement - Nancy states that she is enjoying retirement after working for so many years. “It is nice to have time to travel, read, and spend time with my grandchildren.”
Community Leadership Award Winner
and William Sprague, Chairman, Cattaraugus
County Planning Board. Photo by Jack Berger