Immunizations for Adults
Most vaccines needed for international travel, including Yellow Fever, are available at Cattaraugus County Health Department. As soon as you make your travel plans, call 716-701-3439 for an appointment
Although this flu season is ending, another will be coming, and the best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year. Cattaraugus County Health Department will begin offerring community flu clinics throughout the county in late Septmeber/early October. Check this site in August for schedule. In the meantime ,good health habits often can help prevent respiratory illnesses like the flu. Learn simple ways to protect yourself from flu and other illnesses.
Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (PPSV)
The PPSV shot protects you from getting a serious infection in your blood or brain that can cause dangerous health problems, hospitalization or death.
Who should get the PPSV shot?
- People 19 through 64 who have asthma or smoke cigarettes
- People age 65 or older
- People who have problems with their lungs, heart, liver, or kidneys
- People with health problems like diabetes, sickle cell disease, alcoholism, or HIV/AIDS
Other Vaccines Available
- Hepatitis A
- Tetanus-diphtheria pertussis - Anyone who has contact with a newborn should receive this vaccine. Will help to protect newborn from pertussis or whooping cough before they are fully vaccinated.
- Hepatitis B
- Measles , Mumps, Rubella
- Gardasil - protects against cervical and anal cancers - for both males and females ages 10-26. Now FREE or low cost.
- Zostavax - recommended for ages 50 and older
For more information pleases click on the link below to be routed to the NYS Department of Health Immunization website home page on your local health department’s website.