Lead Poisoning Prevention
The Cattaraugus County Preventive Services provides the following lead poisoning prevention services:
- Provide lead poisoning prevention education.
- Insure lead screening availability for age appropriate children through referral to private physicians or directly for uninsured or under insured children.
- The Cattaraugus County Health Department offers free lead testing for children ages 1 and 2 who otherwise could not afford to be tested.
- Provide case management to children with confirmed elevated lead levels and assess their environment to determine the source of lead contamination.
- Instruct property owners of the methods/procedures to reduce or eliminate sources of lead poisoning.
Lead Care II- NOW with just a prick of the finger we can test Blood Lead Levels in Children in 3 Minutes! Call 716-701-3439 for more details and appointments. Also avalible at WIC sites throughout the County.
Please read our Article on Lead Poisoning Prevention