As a consumer of services provided by the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging, your rights are very important. Should you have any grievances, complaints, or concerns with the Department's services, we encourage you to initiate the following grievance procedure:
- Contact your Case Manager, Site Manager, or any Department of the Aging Representative, at 1-800-462-2901 or 373-8032, express your grievances and attempt to resolve your problem(s) directly with that individual.
- If you are unable to resolve your problem(s) with your Case Manager, Site Manager, or your Department of the Aging Representative, you have the right to submit a verbal or written grievance to:
Catherine MacKay, Director
Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging 1 Leo Moss Drive, Suite 7610
Olean, New York 14760-1101
or call 1-800-462-2901
- Your Case Manager, Site Manager, or Department of the Aging Representative will assist you in submitting a written grievance.
- The Director will set up a meeting with you and/or your authorized representative within five (5) days of receipt of your grievance.
- The purpose of this meeting will be to explain the Department's policy and resolve your grievance. A written report explaining the results will be mailed to you within five (5) working days.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Director's decision, you have the right to request a hearing with the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging Advisory Council Grievance Committee.
- Your hearing will be scheduled within 30 days from the date of your request.
- The Advisory Council Grievance Committee's decision will be final. You will receive their final written decision within ten (10) days of the hearing date.
All consumer grievances will be considered serious in nature. Consumers will have the right to privacy; information regarding the consumer, including consumer records, will be kept confidential.