Frequently Asked Questions

WARNING:   Periodically, owners may receive a notice that looks like a bill, but does not originate with the County, nor any Government Agency.  The notice/bill may offer to send you a copy of your deed, and/or a report with property information.  Their fee may be $80 or more. There may even be a due date, or a 'respond by' date.

Some notices even admit:

            "This service is not affiliated with the County in which your deed is filed.  It is not affiliated with any government agency.  This offer serves as a solicitation for services and not to be interpreted as a bill due.  This service is not approved nor endorsed by any governmental agency.  You are under no obligation to pay the amount stated unless you want the report."

Your parcel information is a public record.  You are entitled to your tax information by contacting the Treasurer's Office Directly. 

When a deed is filed, the County Clerk's Office automatically sends the original to the buyer or buyer's attorney about 2 weeks after filing the deed.  After that time, if anyone wishes to receive a copy or a certified copy of their deed, they may contact the County Clerk's Office.  Only small copying fees are charged for copies.  Certified copies may be obtained for just a few dollars ($5 as of 6/2016).  You may confirm their current fee by contacting the Clerk's Office.   There is no benefit to paying more than that for these copies. 

If an owner buys back their real property after a County Foreclosure, the County will file the deed in the County Clerk's Office automatically, and then afterward, mail the original to the prior owner/buyer about 2 weeks later.   We have no added fees beyond our regular buyback fees (which are already part of the buyback payment)  in order to send to you the original deed. 

You do not need a 'third party facilitator' to receive your deed.

If you receive any notice/bills that don't come directly from the County Treasurer's Office, or the County Clerk's Office, please consider the offer carefully before paying money for something you could get locally for a lot less money.

All requests for utility right-of-way permitting should be addressed to Brent Martin, DPW Engineering Department, 8810 Route 242, Little Valley, New York 14755; or by calling at 716-938-2437. 

Do you have questions about building on your property, home or facility?

You will want to contact the building code enforcement officer for the municipality in which the property is located.

We have a list available for download from

Locate the municipality, look for the building code enforcement officer's contact information and then contact them with your building questions.

If you have issues contacting a building code enforcement officer then please contact your municipalities supervisor or town clerk.

When looking for a certified copy of a marriage license you must contact the clerk of the municipality in which the marriage license was purchased.


If you purchased your marriage license from the Town of Yorkshire and were married at Holiday Valley in the Town of Ellicottville then you would contact the Town of Yorkshire for a copy of your marriage license.

If you purchased your marriage license from the City of Olean and were married in the Town of Allegany then you would contact the City of Olean for a copy of your marriage license.

Listing of Municipal Clerk's in Cattaraugus County

You can find a municipality's clerk by searching the Directory of Federal, State, County, City, Town & Village Officials

You can obtain a birth certificate for someone born in Cattaraugus County from the municipality(city or town) in which that person was born.

If the person was born in a hospital in Cattaraugus County then contact the municipality that the hospital is/was located in. See the List of Hospitals that ARE or HAVE BEEN located in Cattaraugus County and the corresponding list of contacts.

If the person was born in Cattaraugus County but NOT in a hospital then contact the municipality in which they were born. See the Directory of municipal contacts.

List of Hospitals that are or have been in Cattaraugus County

Gowanda Hospital, Gowanda, NY

Contact the Town of Persia

Olean General Hospital, Olean, NY

Contact the City of Olean

Salamanca Hospital, Salamanca, NY

Contact the City of Salamanca

See the Directory of current municipal contacts.

There is no online access to recorded documents in Cattaraugus County at this time.

The records in the County Clerk's office are indexed by name only.

The Real Property office has property-related records available online at . Those records can (usually) be searched by name or address. The records will often give the recording information for the deeds in the Clerk's office, but these references are not 100% accurate.

The Cattaraugus County Museum is located on the ground floor of the Stone House, 9824 Rt. 16 Machias NY.

The Sheriff's Office pistol permit clerk has a page to help you with applying for a pistol permit in Cattaraugus County.

Yes. To submit a claim for damages, you must submit in writing a letter explaining the details of your damage along with either an estimate of repair, or, a receipt of repair if you have already had your vehicle repaired. Submit these proofs to Cattaraugus County Risk Management, 303 Court Street, Little Valley, NY 14755. Be sure to include your name, address and phone number.

Any electronics (computers, televisions, printers, etc.) can be taken to any refuse station for free. If you have any questions call 716-938-2441 or use the Public Works contact form.

The standard hours of operation for the Cattaraugus County Museum are Tuesday through Friday, 9-4.


WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. It is a federal nutrition program which provides supplemental foods, nutrition counseling, and referrals to health care for eligible:

  • Pregnant women
  • Breastfeeding women
  • Infants and
  • Children under 5 years old.

At WIC clinic, each participant is issued a set of checks listing certain foods for that month. The checks are redeemed at local stores which accept WIC checks.


By providing some of the foods needed daily for good health, WIC can help you stretch your food budget. Nutritionists at the WIC clinic can help you plan healthy meals for your family, advise on infant feeding, children's diet needs, can help you learn to breastfeed, and the food needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women.

WIC Provides Women & Children with:

  • Milk and Cheese for calcium and Vitamin D to build strong bones and teeth.
  • Eggs for protein and iron to help build and repair body cells.
  • Cereal for iron to help develop a strong body and healthy blood.
  • Fruit Juices for Vitamin C to help fight infections.
  • Peanut Butter or Dried Beans for protein, and calories necessary for growth and development.
  • Fruits & Vegetables
  • Tuna Fish for breast feeding women.
  • Whole grain breads and other whole grain products for fiber.
  • Fortified Formulas

See what foods and brands that you are allowed to purchase with a WIC food card.


If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have an infant or child under 5 years of age, you may be eligible. The following table outlines the income guidelines:

New York State WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines

See the Federal Income Guidelines

WIC Saves You Money Every Month!


Call WIC as soon as you know you are pregnant or at any time during your pregnancy.

If you have children under the age of 5, you may apply at any time.

Find out the things you need to know to apply for WIC. click here


Call the Cattaraugus County Health Department WIC Program at 716-373-8057 or 716-368-2264.

Pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children up to 5 years of age may be eligible fi they meet income requirements. Call the WIC office to check. When a medical screening is required, WIC staff can do it for free, or you may choose to see your doctor.  If eligible, your first checks will be available at the end of the orientation session. After that, you will pick up the checks at the site of your choosing.

Standards for participation in the program are the same for everyone regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, handicap, religion or political belief.


WIC meetings include:

  • Individual counseling and/or group presentations,
  • Explanations about current height, weight, and anemia screening for each participant,
  • Breastfeeding support,
  • Information and displays from other community agencies.


Cattaraugus County WIC Locations:

  • Olean: Cattaraugus County Office Building, 1 Leo Moss Drive, Olean, N.Y. 14760
    • Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-4pm (Late hours avail. Please call)(On the temporary site days listed below, the Olean office may be closed)
  • Salamanca: Cattaraugus County Health Dept., Iroquois Drive
    • Tues 9am-3pm
  • Delevan: Delevan Baptist Church, Church St.
    • 1st & 4th Wed of each month 9:30am-2pm
  • Franklinville: Free Methodist Church, Main St.
    • 2nd Tues 9:15am-1:15pm
  • Little Valley: Little Valley United Methodist Church, Court St.
    • 1st Tues 9:30am-1:pm
  • Randolph: Town Hall Building, Main St.
    • 3rd Wed 9:30am-1pm
  • Gowanda: Free Methodist Church, Main St.
    • 4th Tues 10:00am-2pm
  • Cattaraugus: Roberts Memorial Free Methodist Church, South St.
    • 2nd Wed 9:30am-1pm

If you have questions regarding WIC, please contact Cattaraugus County Health Department WIC Program at 716-373-8057 or 716-368-2264.

The CDT Program offers a GED program, vocational assessment, and employment training. The program collaborates with the Cattaraugus County Once Step Program, BOCES, Olean City Schools, and Everywoman Opportunity Center to provide comprehensive services to address individuals' needs. There is a strong focus on assisting consumers to re-enter the workforce.

The Guidepost has a MICA (mentally ill chemical abuser) program that is very successful in addressing these issues.  Individuals will be randomly screened for substance abuse via urine and/or serum levels.

Once the individual has successfully completed their period of probation, they will have the option of continuing to attend the program if they remain appropriate for this level of service. If they no longer require a CDT level of treatment, they will be referred for services at Olean Counseling Center.

We will not hesitate to use the Probation Department's influence on an individual to convince them to follow the terms of probation. Failing that, we will ask that the Probation Officer issue a violation.

Referrals are made to the Program Director (Peggy Keller, 373-8080). The individual will be screened for admission. It is our hope that many of the screening will be made during the pre-sentencing interviews in conjunction with the Probation Department so that, when appropriate, the recommendation can be made in the Probation report.

The staff at the Guidepost includes Administrative staff, a Psychiatrist, a Social Worker, 3 Registered Nurses, 2 Rehabilitation Specialists, 1 Recreation Therapist, 2 Recreation Aides, a Case Manager and support staff. A probation Officer will work closely with The Guidepost and will be a member of the Treatment Team.

The program will provide a psychiatric assessment and an individualized treatment plan that will address identified deficits. There will be case management services that will ensure the individual has all of the support services necessary for them to be successful in the community; e.g., housing, Medicaid, food, transportation, etc.

Any person who is considered a poor risk in the community; e.g., considered violent, a person who has committed a serious crime and is more appropriately housed in jail.

To qualify, a person MUST have an Axis I diagnosis. This means that the individual must have a mental illness which has been diagnosed by a psychiatrist. Some of the most common diagnosis that are appropriate include Schizophrenia, Major Depression, and Bipolar Mood Disorder. These individuals would be more appropriately places in a treatment program rather than jail. They will not be a threat to the community and they will have functional deficits which can be addressed by the CDT.

  1. Contact your local assessor first and discuss your concerns.
  2. You may review comparable properties and their assessment in your area by looking at the Tax Rate Comparison page and reviewing properties at the Interactive County Parcel Map. This may help you determine if your assessment, based on surrounding properties, are justified. Please remember to print the help page in order to navigate properly.
  3. If you are still not satisfied, you may file an Assessment Review Challenge with the local Board of Assessment Review. This board meets annually, usually on the 4th Tuesday of May. Contact your local assessor for specific dates and times for the Board of Assessment Review, along with requesting the necessary forms to file your complaint.

Contact your local assessor for information and applications.

The assessor names and phone numbers can be found on the Cattaraugus County Assessors page.

The assessor is continually communicating with the public, answering questions, and dealing with concerns raised by taxpayers. Anyone can examine the assessment roll and property records at any time. However, between Taxable Status Day and the filing of the tentative roll, it should be done by appointment.

It is up to individual property owners to monitor their own assessments. Taxpayers who feel they are not being fairly assessed should meet with their assessor before the tentative assessment roll is established. In an informal setting, the assessor can explain how the assessment was determined and the rationale behind it.

Assessors are interested only in fairly assessing property in their assessing unit. If your assessment is correct and your tax bill still seems too high, the assessor cannot change that. Complaints to the assessor must be about how property is assessed.

Taxpayers unhappy with growing property tax bills should not be concerned only with assessments. They should also examine the scope of budgets and expenditures of the taxing jurisdictions (counties, cities, towns, villages, school districts, etc.) and address those issues in appropriate and available public forums.

Informal meetings with assessors to resolve assessment questions about the next assessment roll can take place throughout the year. If, after speaking with your assessor, you still feel you are unfairly assessed, ask for the booklet, "How to File For a Review of Your Assessment." It describes how to prepare and file a complaint with the Board of Assessment Review for an assessment reduction, and indicates the time of year it can be done.

The assessor performs many other administrative functions, such as inspecting new construction and major improvements to existing structures. This ensures that the record of each property's physical inventory is current and that the appropriate improvements are assessed.

The assessor also approves and keeps track of property tax exemptions. Among the most common are the senior citizen, School Tax Relief (STAR), veteransagricultural, and business exemptions.

The Real Property System is a computer software package (created and maintained by ORPTS) to assist assessment administration functions. It is available to assessors who have the necessary computer equipment, and allows them to electronically maintain the assessment roll and related records. Corrections to State form RP-5217 can also be sent to the State Board electronically. The Real Property System also includes computer-assisted mass appraisal programs for value estimation and assessment updates.

Legally, the assessor must be present at all public hearings of the Board of Assessment Review (BAR). The BAR may request the assessor to present evidence in support of tentative assessments being grieved by taxpayers. After meeting in private without the assessor, the BAR makes its decisions and orders any appropriate changes to the assessment roll before it becomes final. If assessment reductions are denied by the BAR, and property owners appeal to Small Claims Assessment Review, the assessor prepares evidence for those hearings.

The assessor reviews every transfer of real property for accuracy, including the basic information on the buyer, seller, and sale price. Assessment records are updated, and any unusual conditions affecting the transfer are also verified. Results are recorded on form RP-5217 at the real estate closing. The assessor makes corrections to this form.

ORPTS requires assessors to file an annual report on assessment changes. ORPTS also "equalizes" property assessments to a common full (market) value in each municipality.

The New York State Assessors' Association pamphlet, "Understanding Assessments and Property Taxes", states:

The Assessor has a right to go into your front door and seek admittance (Possibly he or she will only want to inspect the exterior of the house) but must leave the premises if asked to do so.

If it is really inconvenient to allow an inspection at that time, tell your visitor just that and try to make an appointment for some other date. However, if you can spare the ten minutes or so that will usually be required, we urge that you allow it to proceed so that the information necessary for equitable assessment can be gathered.

The pamphlet cautions property owners not to allow anyone into their homes without proper identification, preferably I.D. cards with photographs signed by an authorized town or city official. "No identification - no entry!"

Before assessing any parcel of property, the assessor estimates its market value. Market value is how much a property would sell for, in an open market, under normal conditions. To estimate market values, the assessor must be familiar with all aspects of the local real estate market.

A property's value can be estimated in three different ways. First, property is compared to others similar to it that have sold recently, using only sales where the buyer and seller both acted without undue pressure. This method is called the market approach and is normally used to value residential, vacant, and farm properties.

The second way is to calculate the cost, using today's labor and material prices, to replace the structure with a similar one. If the structure is not new, the assessor determines the depreciation since it was built. The resulting value is added to an estimate of the market value of the land. This method, called the cost approach, is used to value special purpose and utility properties.

The third way is to analyze how much income a property (like an apartment building, store, or factory) will produce if rented. Operating expenses, insurance, maintenance costs, financing terms, and how much money expected to be earned are considered. This method is called the income approach.

Properties in sub optimal uses generally may not be assessed at market value; they must be assessed at their current-use value.

Assessors with computers can estimate values more efficiently than by hand. Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) techniques are used to analyze sales and estimate values for many properties at once.

Once the assessor estimates the market value of a property, its assessment is calculated. New York State law provides that all property within a municipality be assessed at a uniform percent of market value. The level of assessment can be five percent, 20 percent, 50 percent, or any other fraction, up to 100 percent. Everyone pays his or her fair share of taxes as long as every property in a locality is assessed at the same percent of value.

For example, a house with a market value of $100,000 located in a town that assesses at 15 percent of value would have an assessment of $15,000. The assessment is multiplied by the tax rate for each taxing jurisdiction - city, town, village, school district, etc. - to determine the tax bills. (For further explanation of this process, see How the Property Tax Works.

The assessment roll shows assessments and appropriate exemptions. Every year the roll, with preliminary or tentative assessments, is made available for public inspection. After the Board of Assessment Review (BAR) has acted on assessment complaints and ordered any changes, the tentative assessment roll is made final.

All real property, commonly known as real estate, is assessed. Real property is defined as land and any permanent structures attached to it. Some examples of real property are houses, gas stations, office buildings, vacant land, motels, shopping centers, saleable natural resources (oil, gas, timber), farms, apartment buildings, factories, restaurants, and, in most instances, mobile homes.

Each year, appointed assessors must complete an average of 24 hours of continuing education. Both elected and appointed assessors may attain any of three advanced designations awarded by ORPS: State Certified Assessor-Advanced, State Certified Assessor-Professional, and State Certified Assessor-National.

The assessor maintains the municipality's assessment roll -- the document containing each property assessment. The physical description (or inventory) and value estimate of every parcel is kept current. The property inventory is available for inspection by appointment before the filing of the tentative assessment roll.

Assessors must obtain basic certification by New York State within three years of taking office. This requires the successful completion of orientation, three assessment administration course components, and five appraisal components, including farm appraisal for certain agricultural communities. The New York State Office of Real Property Services (ORPS) prescribes the components.

The assessor is a local government official who estimates the value of real property within a city, town, or village's boundaries. This value is converted into an assessment, which is one component in the computation of real property tax bills.

Yes, a residence must be occupied for 30 days before a dye test can be performed.

Yes you may get either the seasonal flu shot or the H1N1 flu shot in any order. We recommend that you get your vaccinations when ever they become available to you.

Yes, you can.

In order to accommodate the large number of requests we receive for copies, especially around income tax time, we ask that you call your local collector if you paid your tax to that collector. However, if you paid your tax to the County Treasurer, you may obtain a copy by sending a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and $1.00 to the County Treasurer's Office.

You can also research the information yourself by using the Parcel Search tool on the Real Property Tax page.  Current charges are available there.  Also, by 'drilling' into the parcel, you can see the history of tax payments.

The City of Salamanca does not return County taxes to the County Treasurer's Office for collection. Call the City Comptroller, Kathleen Sarver, for more information at 945-3890.

All property owners are responsible for the taxes levied. If a bill is not received, the owner must call the local collector and inquire about the amount due and the possible reason for not receiving a bill. All penalties that have been added up to the date of payment, must be paid.

If you need a copy of your original tax bill, you can look at click on departments -> Real Property -> Bills, Rolls and Rates, pick your type of tax, your town, and then search by name or address or TM#.

Thank you for giving attention to keeping your records updated!


The Treasurer's Office can make ADDRESS CORRECTIONS on delinquent tax records, and request the assessor to update address changes on the upcoming tax roll.  To do that, you must be an owner of the property,  fill out this form and sign it.  Then return it to the Treasurer's Office at the address found at the bottom of the form.


In regard to a change of name due to marriage, divorce, or a death, the assessor can make updates to names for the assessment/tax roll only.  This does not change/establish legal ownership.  You could use this form for the purpose of updating tax records only, and return with the required documents to the Office of Real Property at the address found on the bottom of the form. 

Owner name, however, is established on the tax roll by the deed that was filed in the County Clerk's Office. A legal change in owner(s) or legal modification of owner name requires filing a document in the County Clerk's Office or in Surrogate Court. The Assessor  will then make that change on the assessment records, which affect tax rolls.


Contact your local assessor for the needed information and forms. You may locate your town assessors' contact information.

Contact your local assessor for the needed information and forms. You may locate your town assessors' contact information.

On the front of your tax bill, you will find your local collector's address to pay by mail, and if applicable where to pay in person.   Click on this link if you need a copy of your original bill.

There is also a payment schedule. If the taxes are not paid by the last deadline, the tax lien is returned to the County for collection.

On the back of your bill, you will find the address for sending your payments after March 31 for town & county,  and after October 31 for schools & villages and the City of Olean, which address is: Treasurer's Office, 303 Court St, Little Valley, NY 14755   or   1 Leo Moss Dr, Olean NY 14760  (in case you don't have the original  bill),    When a tax bill is not paid on time, there will be additional interest and penalties added to the original amount.  Please verify the amount owed by calling the Treasurer's Office, as wrong amounts may be returned to you thereby delaying the posting of a payment.

If you owe more than one year of taxes to the Treasurer's Office, section 1112 of NYS Real Property Tax Law allows you to pay for one tax lien at a time, however, it requires you to pay the most recent tax first.

You may pay DELINQUENT taxes (not current),  to the Treasurer's Office:

  1. in person

  2. over the phone

  3. online. 


In person:

We accept VISA (debit or credit),  MASTERCARD (debit or credit),  or DISCOVER (CREDIT ONLY)   The bank charges a convenience fee of 2.5% for credit transactions, or a flat fee of $3 for debit transactions using your PIN.  There is NO DEBIT transaction available for DISCOVER CARDS IN OFFICE.

Over the Phone:

ONLY CREDIT transactions are available using the above cards.  Call the Treasurer's Office  716-938-9111.


Go to our secure site for more information and to pay online.  If this site does not come up properly for you in Internet Explorer, please use Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser to access it, or watch this video to learn how to change your settings in IE.



These limits are set by your bank and are a protection to you and your own bank account, but may prevent the transaction, so please contact your bank prior to your 'in person' or 'over phone' payment to ensure the successful completion of the transaction. 

No. County law requires that we accept full amounts for the tax bill.

What is swine flu?

Swine Influenza, also called swine flu, is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza viruses. Outbreaks of swine flu happen regularly in pigs. People do not normally get swine flu, but human infections can and do happen. Most commonly, human cases of swine flu happen in people who are around pigs but it's possible for swine flu viruses to spread from person to person also.

Is swine flu the same as seasonal flu?

No. Seasonal flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by human influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness and at times can lead to death. Human flu viruses change a little bit every year which is why people can get sick from the flu more than once. It is also why a new flu vaccine is produced each year; the vaccine must be made to protect against the particular viruses circulating that year.

Human and swine flu viruses are different. People who get vaccinated for human flu can still get sick from swine flu. Pigs that have been vaccinated for swine flu can still get sick from human flu. Symptoms of swine flu in people are no different from symptoms that people get when they are infected with human flu viruses. People infected with flu typically have fever (often high), cough, body aches, headaches, fatigue and runny or stuffy nose. Vomiting and diarrhea may also occur.

Contact the Cancer Screening Program at 1-585-593-4839. They provide breast exam, pelvic exam, mammogram and pap smears at no charge.

After you are enrolled in the Cancer Screening Program you can then make an appointment in a Cattaraugus County clinic (716) 701-3439

We do not have information on the owner of an individual mobile home in a trailer park. The owner of the park would be the person to contact about individual mobile home ownership.  In some cases the local assessor will have a mobile home park sheet filled out. This sheet may list the owners and the type of mobile home.

The Interactive Parcel Map would tell you the owner of the property.

You may file a DBA with the Clerk's Office in Little Valley County Center at 303 Court Street, Little Valley, New York 14755

Download DBA forms from Cattaraugus County's Business Help site.

Planning has Flood Plain Maps.  Flood maps are also available on the county's parcel viewer. Also, you can go to FEMA's map center to create a FIRMETTE - a small flood map of your neighborhood.

Screenshots of Floodplain layer on Cattaraugus County Parcel Viewer

 Floodplain map of Cattaraugus County in Interactive Parcel Map

Detail view of flood plain map

You can have a map made the way you want at the Department of Real Property and GIS Services.

They make all kinds of maps. The starting price for a map is $7 for a 36"x36" map.

Be sure to check our maps section for road maps, population maps and more!

You can be alerted of local emergencies or community alerts via cell phone or internet phone for FREE!

Emergency Notifications via your cell phone or internet phone

Sign-up for Emergency Notifications on your Cell Phone or Internet Phone!

Emergency Notifications via landline phone, cell phone, email, or view online

Sign-up for NY Alert by creating an account (click sign in at the upper right) and then customizing the types, locations, and times of alerts you want to receive.

Download the iAlertz app on your smart phone - data required but alerts are also highly customizable and no account required.

Government Jobs

Human Resources (Civil Service) posts many jobs around the county from different municipalities.

Non-Government Jobs

This site also has non-governmental jobs listed from other job sites.

Job Training

If you are looking for job training then check out the Cattaraugus County One Stop Career Center

Free Birth Control Free Contraceptives Free STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Testing  FREE Emergency Contraception

Cattaraugus County Real Property and GIS produce the Cattaraugus County Road Map and various municipal road maps. The standard Cattaraugus County road map is 36"x36" . Cattaraugus County Road Maps are available at:

If you would like to help the county we are looking for the following volunteers:


Amateur or Professional ... if you like taking photos around Cattaraugus County then we'd like to see your work. Contact the Enchanted Mountains.

Event Volunteers

Do you know a lot about Cattaraugus County? Would you like to go to a show to represent Cattaraugus County? Contact the Enchanted Mountains.

Town, Village and City Volunteers

Pick up garbage in your neighborhood. Contact your municipality to see if they have any community organizations that need help.

Business Ideas / Reviews

Contact the County business organizations to setup a meeting about your ideas

Do you want to sell your product or service to a local, state or federal government? If so then you would need government marketing assistance through the Cattaraugus County Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).

Please visit for more information.

Board of Elections

Cattaraugus County does not issue building permits for construction.  These are issued by the local municipalities - cities, towns and villages.  If you are proposing to do any construction, you will need to contact the building inspector for the municipality in which you want to build to find out what permits are required.

Zoning Information

Zoning permits may also be required for any new uses or construction, or improvements to existing structures.  These are also issued by the local municipalities and may include site plan review, special use permits, and variances.  Not every municipality in Cattaraugus County has zoning regulations; please check with the local building inspector for any zoning regulations that may apply to your project.