I think my assessment is too high - What should I do?

  1. Contact your local assessor first and discuss your concerns.
  2. You may review comparable properties and their assessment in your area by looking at the Tax Rate Comparison page and reviewing properties at the Interactive County Parcel Map. This may help you determine if your assessment, based on surrounding properties, are justified. Please remember to print the help page in order to navigate properly.
  3. If you are still not satisfied, you may file an Assessment Review Challenge with the local Board of Assessment Review. This board meets annually, usually on the 4th Tuesday of May. Contact your local assessor for specific dates and times for the Board of Assessment Review, along with requesting the necessary forms to file your complaint.

Categorized under: