Announces 2016 Senior Farmers Market Coupon Distribution Schedule
Cathy Mackay, director of the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging/NY Connects, has announced that Cattaraugus County has been awarded 760 Senior Farmers Market coupon booklets, valued at $15,200. Each booklet contains five $4.00 coupons ($20.00 value), and can be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at participating Farmers Markets in Cattaraugus County.
To be eligible to receive a booklet of the Senior Farmers Market coupons, you must be over 60 years of age and have a single-person income of not more than $1,832 per month, or a two-person income of not more than $2,470 per month.
Each older adult in a household is eligible to receive a booklet if they meet the age and income requirements. Proxies may not pick up or sign for coupon booklets. For older adults unable to come to the distribution site due to physical limitations, please call the Department of the Aging/NY Connects at 716-373-8032 or 800-462-2901.
The coupon distribution dates, times, and locations are as follows:
- July 7, 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. - Yorkshire Apartments, County Line Road, Delevan
- July 7, 10:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Delevan Nutrition Site, South Main Street, Delevan
- July 7, 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - Franklinville Nutrition Site, Presbyterian Church, Franklinville
- July 8, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. - Hillview Manor, Chestnut Street, Salamanca
- July 8, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Salamanca Senior Citizens' Club, Main Street, Salamanca
- July 11, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Randolph Senior Nutrition Site, Main Street, Randolph
- July 11, 12:45 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Carrollton Heights, Main Street, Limestone
- July 12, 10:45 am. to 11:30 p.m. - Seneca Court, Alder Street, Olean
- July 12, 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. - Cranberry Court, Cranberry Road, Olean
- July 12, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.- The Pines of Machias, Route 16, Machias
- July 12, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - 60+ Senior Club, Birch Run Road, Allegany
- July 13, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Olean Nutrition Site, John Ash Community Center, Olean
- July 13, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Portville Nutrition Site, Temple Street, Portville
- July 13, 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Brookside Apartments, Henley Street, Olean
- July 14, 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. - Cattaraugus Nutrition Site, South Street, Cattaraugus
- July 14, 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Cattaraugus Manor, Mill Street, Cattaraugus
- July 15, 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. - Spring Court, West Spring Street, Olean
- July 15, 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. - Aspen Tower, Front Street, Olean
- July 15, 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Aspen Manor, East Spring Street, Olean
- July 19, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. - The Pines of Machias, Route 16, Machias
- July 19, 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. - Linwood Center, South Nine Mile Road, Allegany
- July 20, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Little Valley Nutrition Site, Municipal Building, Little Valley
- July 20, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Total Senior Care, North Union Street, Olean
- July 21, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Ellicottville Town Court Building, Parkside Drive, Ellicottville
- July 21, 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. - West Valley Nutrition Site, Route 240, West Valley
- July 27, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Dayton Food Pantry, Railroad Street, Dayton
- July 27, 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Gowanda Nutrition Site, Academy Place, Gowanda
- July 27, 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. - South Dayton Nutrition Site, Pine Street, South Dayton
Distribution of coupon booklets at the main Department of the Aging office will be made only after the above schedule has been exhausted and there are coupon books remaining.
If you have any questions regarding the Senior Farmers Market Coupon Program, or any other services that are available for our county's older adults, please call the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging at 716-373-8032 or 800-462-2901.