LITTLE VALLEY - Cattaraugus County Election Commissioners Kevin Burleson and Cortney Spittler announced Early Voting for the 2022 Special Congressional Election and the Republican Congressional Primary Election will be held Aug. 13-21, 2022.
The Special Congressional Election is set to fill the remaining months of former 23rd District Rep. Thomas Reed’s term. The Republican Congressional Primary will nominate a candidate to run for the seat, in November, for a new four-year term.
Early Voting Sites
There will be two early voting sites serving Cattaraugus County. Both sites can serve voters from any of the county’s 55 election districts and are accessible to voters with physical disabilities:
- Cattaraugus County Board of Elections office, 207 Rock City Street, Little Valley, NY
- Jamestown Community College Olean Campus, Cutco Building Magnano Room, 305 North Barry Street, Olean, NY
Dates and Times
Hours for both sites are as follows:
- Saturday August 13, 2022 9 am 5 pm
- Sunday August 14, 2022 9 am 5 pm
- Monday August 15, 2022 8 am 4 pm
- Tuesday August 16, 2022 noon 8 pm
- Wednesday August 17, 2022 noon 8 pm
- Thursday August 18, 2022 8 am 4 pm
- Friday August 19, 2022 8 am 4 pm
- Saturday August 20, 2022 9 am 5 pm
- Sunday August 21, 2022 9 am 5 pm
Some sample ballots are available online. Sample ballots for each election district will be available at the Early Voting sites. To vote in the Republican Primary Election, a voter must have been registered by July 29 and enrolled as a Republican by Aug. 11. However, the Special Congressional Election, which is open to all active voters, has a registration deadline of Aug. 13. Persons who vote during the early voting period are NOT eligible to vote on Election Day or on a subsequent day of early voting.
New York State voters are no longer permitted to cast a ballot on a voting machine if they have already been issued an absentee ballot for that election to prevent double voting. Voters who have already been issued an absentee ballot can still vote in person using an affidavit ballot.
Learn more information about