Historical Museum and Research Center
Welcome to the Cattaraugus County Historical Museum and Research Library website. The Museum & Library are county owned and operated, specializing in the history of Cattaraugus County, NY.
We invite you to take a look around the site and visit us in person in Machias, New York.
Books for sale
We have books for sale at the Museum too!
- Bicentennial History 1808-2008 of Cattaraugus County $20.00
- A Guide to Burial Sites, Cemeteries & Random Stones in Cattaraugus County $40.00
- Cattaraugus County History and Census Comparisons: 1808 to 1995-96 $ 5.00
- Brothers, Heroes, Martyrs by Mark Dunkelman $ 5.00
- Crawford Cemetery Book (Salamanca, NY) $10.00
- Ellicott Street Cemetery (Great Valley, NY) $ 5.00
- Freedom Bicentennial 1811-2011 $10.00
- Memoir of Olivia $10.00
- Of a Boy & His Valley by Arnold Cook $10.00
- Portville: Goes to War $20.00
- Portville: Colonel Lewis Warner $ 6.50
- Portville: A History of Farming $10.00
- Portville: Amos Humiston Day Commemoration $ 1.00
- Portville: Practical Receipts $10.00
All the above available for review in the research room of the Cattaraugus County Museum. Limited quantities. Postage additional.