Allegheny River has Crested
The Cattaraugus County Office of Emergency Services reports that the Allegheny River has crested at both the Salamanca and Olean river gauge locations. Residents should continue to use caution when faced with high water scenarios in and around their homes.
A State of Emergency remains in effect for the Village of Allegany and the Town of Portville.
Several state roads are currently closed:
- Route 305 South in Portville to the Pennsylvania state line
- Route 417 Eastbound and Westbound at the Portville underpass
- Exit 23 of Interstate 86 (Limestone/Bradford)
Also closed are the following County and local roads:
- County Road 60 in the Town of Allegany – West River Rd/ South Nine Mile
- County Road 30 – Chipmonk Road in the Town of Allegany
- Maple Ave in the Village of Allegany from 2nd Street to 1st Street.
- Union Street in the Village of Allegany from 5th Street to 1st Street
- East River Road in the Town of Olean from Steam Valley Road to the city line.
- Smith Road in the Town of Portville
- Steam Valley Road in the Town of Portville from the bridge to Linn Road
- 1st Street in the Village of Allegany from Main Street to Pine Street
The American Red Cross shelters operating in Portville, Allegany, and Olean will cease operations at 1:00 p.m. today.
Concerned residents may contact the Disaster Operations Center at 716-938-2244.In order to assist the Office of Emergency Services with damage assessments, residents affected by this weather event are encouraged to send photographs, documentation, and any other materials related to expenses associated with the repair of damages to eoc [at] cattco [dot] org or to 303 Court Street, Little Valley, NY 14755.