Cattaraugus County Public Works Department seeks ambitious and capable applicants for the position of Deputy Commissioner at the Little Valley, New York facility. This multi-faceted, high level management position requires the successful candidate to serve in the absence of the Commissioner and possess a strong work ethic. Fiscal knowledge and attention to detail are required. Candidates with experience in Public Works operations, strong administrative skills, personnel management, and public relations are encouraged to apply.
Position responsibilities and expectations include but are not limited to:
- Collaborative goal setting and direction for all divisions of the department
- Implementation of strategies within required timeframes and guidelines
- Assistance preparing and executing the annual budget
- Evaluation and analysis of monthly and yearly financial statements
- Tracking and reporting of capital project progress
- Provide support to supervisors as related to long range planning, staffing, and operational issues
- Attending or convening meetings, reporting results, ensuring timely completion of follow up tasks
- Oversight of issues and concerns; mitigation, management, and reporting to the Commissioner as appropriate
Please submit detailed resume, three (3) professional references, and a cover letter with an expected salary range by July 15, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is in the Exempt Class of Civil Service, works at the discretion of the Commissioner and must be a Cattaraugus County resident within six (6) months of appointment.
Cattaraugus County is an Equal Opportunity Employer