- Coordinate activities of assessors in the county with respect to the computer generation of assessment rolls, tax rolls, and bills.
- Coordinate training of assessors and set up training programs mandated by the state and training programs provided at the county level.
- Maintain digital tax maps. Locations and tax map numbers are assigned. Parcels are plotted to scale to aid assessors in locating and evaluating properties in their towns.
- Compute and extend town, county and special district, school and village tax rates for the tax rolls.
- All deeds are read, recorded into records, and new parcels are plotted on the tax maps.
- Maintain a Countywide Assessment Roll. See that all BAR, SCAR, Judicial Judgements, State Land Transition Assessments are on.
- Maintain a GIS for use through all County Departments as well as other municipalities.
The County provides assessing services for the towns of Allegany, Ashford, Dayton, East Otto, Farmersville, Franklinville, Freedom, Great Valley, Machias, Mansfield, New Albion, Otto, Perrysburg, Persia, Portville, and Red House. View our hours in these towns here.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you own property in one of these towns and need assistance.
All other towns in Cattaraugus County are assessed by locally-appointed assessors. To find your assessor's contact information, please click here.
Our office is located in the former Little Valley School.
Real Property Services
207 Rock City Street, Suite 101
Little Valley, NY 14755
Assessing Office Hours:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday-Friday