***DMV response to Covid 19 -- UPDATED Tuesday, November 17th***
**UPDATE Regarding renewal deadlines for licenses, registrations and inspections**
* The governor's extension for inspections, non-driver IDs and registrations has expired.
* The extension for driver licenses and permits has been extended through December 3rd.
Our motor vehicle offices are now serving Cattaraugus, Allegany, Chautauqua, Erie & Wyoming county customers by appointment only.
Cattaraugus County residents are still welcome to make in-person appointments.
Using the link below, you can schedule an appointment to visit our Olean & Little Valley offices. Our Delevan office remains closed at this time.
Please follow these guidelines for making an appointment:
* Do not book multiple appointments. Booking multiple appointments for the same person, at this time, will result in both being cancelled.
* Book the appointment in the name of the person who will be visiting the office to conduct the transaction. It is possible to do transactions involving other parties, but the name on the appointment must match the person visiting the office.
* Access to the office is restricted to ONLY the person conducting the transaction.
* The motor vehicle representative will not be able to start additional transactions once your allotted 15-minute appointment is up.
* DMV is accepting appointments for permit tests, but our capacity is limited. Please understand there may be a delay if those terminals are being used by another customer.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
DMV will continue to process transactions via mail and drop-offs. Firmly-sealed transactions can now be dropped off at the County Building in both Little Valley AND Olean. They also can be mailed to the Motor Vehicle office at 303 Court Street; Little Valley, NY 14755.
* THIS IS NOT WHILE-YOU-WAIT SERVICE. COMPLETED TRANSACTIONS WILL BE MAILED BACK.
If you have questions, please call the Motor Vehicle Office at 716-701-3343.
Keep your money local
We encourage county residents to conduct all of your motor vehicle transactions through your local DMV office. When you take care of your business in person, or through renewals mailed to your local office, a portion of that fee remains in Cattaraugus County. This can help to keep motor vehicle offices open, reduce your local taxes and keep costs down.
Motor Vehicle Offices in Cattaraugus County:
County Center, 303 Court Street, Little Valley, NY
County Building, 1 Leo Moss Drive, Olean, NY
46 North Main Street, Delevan, NY
Days & Hours of Operation
All offices are open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.