The Cattaraugus County Department of Public Works Refuse Division operates seven waste transfer stations throughout the county, employing more than 20 full and part time employees. The Refuse Coordinator manages the daily operations involving the collection, transportation, and disposal of an average of 29 tons of waste per day. Operating on a budget of more than $1.5M, the Refuse Division takes advantage of several State and Federal opportunities to reduce costs to county residents while seeking industry best practices that drive sustainability.
The Refuse Division has recycling programs and holds Household Hazardous Waste collections throughout the year in Cattaraugus County. Check out upcoming disposal & collection dates.
The 2023 Holiday Schedule for County Transfer Stations:
- On Monday, January 2 all stations closed.
- On Monday, January 16 all stations closed.
- On Monday, February 20 all stations closed.
- On Monday, May 29 all stations closed.
- On Monday, July 4 all stations closed.
- On Monday, September 4 all stations closed.
- On Monday, October 9 all stations closed.
- On Friday, November 10 all stations closed.
- On Thursday, November 23 all stations closed.
- On Friday, November 24 the Allegany, Five Points, Portville and Salamanca transfer stations will be open.
- On Monday, December 25 all stations closed.
- Transfer Stations (Locations, operating hours, contact information, and accepted waste)
- Recycling Guide
- Waste Fee Schedule and User Fee Tickets
- Recycling Programs
- Household Hazardous Waste
- PaintCare Paint Stewardship Program
- Reporting Environmental Violations
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Changes to C&D Collection at County Transfer Stations